Expression of PAin, Relief and Pleasure
Have you ever felt sad because of pain?or we can say have you ever felt happy because of pleasure?and feeling relief after doing something that you do hope you have completed it. today, the discussion is about expression of relief, pain and pleasure. so many expression found in daily used. we sometime never realize whether the expressions are polite or not but the most important thing we express the feeling on different way . imagine for example : what do you say if you have a serious headache? or How do you feel when your close friend gives you a bunch of flowers?or how do you feel if you pass the entrance test at your favorite university? here some expressions that we used to say it , you can respond the question by choosing this following expression:
Expressions of Pain
• I am suffering from a relapse.
• I have toothache.
• I feel sick./I feel ill.
• I’m sick.
• Ouch!
Expressions of Pleasure
• It is really delightful./I am delighted.
• It’s really a great pleasure.
• I am pleased.
• That’s great.
• That’s wonderful.
Expressions of Relief
• It’s a relief to know that ....
• Thank God for ....
• I’m glad it was done.
• Thank goodness!
For Practice :
Complete the following dialogue using expressions
provided in the box and act it out.
a. By all means
b. I am glad it was done
c. Don't mention it
d. We are excited
e. I had a gastric problem
f. I am happy you made a quick recovery
g. It's a relief to hear that
h. That's wonderful
i. I am suffering from a relapse
j. That's great
Mrs Dewi and Mr Adi are visiting Mrs Rosma at the hospital.
Here is the conversation.
Mrs Dewi : Hi, how are you today?
Mrs Rosma : I am better now.
Mrs Dewi : 1 .____________
Mrs Rosma : Thank you for coming.
Who did you come here with?
Mrs Dewi : Mr Adi. There he is.
Mrs Rosma : Hi, Mr Adi.
Mr Adi : Hi, 2 ._______________
Mrs Rosma : Thanks a lot for coming. But could you
give my regards to your friends. Tell them
that I'll get better soon.
Mr Adi : 3 .______________ I'll do it. Mrs Rosma, our
friends actually want to see you but they
are very busy.
Mrs Rosma : Oh, I see. Never mind.
By the way, is Mrs Neni already got
better?
Mrs Dewi : Yes, she has joined with us.
Mrs Rosma : Err. 4 .______________ She is fi ne.
Mrs Dewi : Mrs Rosma, I actually want to know what
you suffer from?
Mrs Rosma : 5 . _____________Because I ate hot food.
Mrs Dewi : So, 6 ._________________
Mrs Rosma : That's right. How about you, Mr Adi?
Mr Adi : I didn't get sick anymore after stopping
drinking ice and eating hot food.
Mrs Rosma : 7 .____________________
Okay. I'll do what you have done.
Mrs Dewi : Err ... excuse me. Here is something from
our friends.
Mrs Rosma : Thank you so much.
Mrs Dewi : 8 .____________________
Mr Adi : Mrs Rosma, let me tell you that our school
is the best in our region.
Mrs Rosma : 9 .__________________
So, what we have done is not useless, is
it?
Mr Adi : Sure.
Now, 10__________________ because we can see you
are well.
Mrs Dewi : Hmm..., I think you need more rest, so
let me return home. What about you Mr
Adi?
Mr Adi : I do too.
See you again, Mrs Rosma.
Mrs Rosma : Thank you. See you again.
No comments